We have represented both employers and employees in a variety of employment disputes, including, for example, the following:
- Representation of banker against former employer for wrongful termination as a whistleblower and intentional infliction of emotional distress. Claims arose out of pretextual termination of our client following her refusal to engage in unlawful practices which she had reported to her supervisors. Litigation involved extensive electronic discovery, numerous local, remote, and out-of-state depositions, including those of medical providers. Successfully quashed subpoena regarding client’s son’s businesses. Contentious discovery and ability to extract admissions from the bank’s witnesses led to highly favorable result.
- Defense of fund director of union pension fund against claims of embezzlement, breaches of fiduciary duty, faithless servant liability and unjust enrichment. Developed aggressive counterclaims asserting wrongful termination and whistleblowing. Obtained partial D&O coverage to defray client’s legal costs. Litigation involved extensive electronic discovery and multiple party and non-party depositions. Navigated numerous discovery disputes including those relating to bogus claims of HIPPA violations against our client. Successfully positioned action for mediation and made compelling mediation presentation to federal magistrate which led to fully favorable settlement. Handled pre- and post-litigation inquiries from the Department of Labor without issue or further investigation of the client.
- Defense of futures trader against former employer’s claims of fraud, breach of fiduciary duty and misappropriation of trading profits. Successfully moved for dismissal on the pleadings.
- Defense of comic book publisher against artist seeking damages for breach of license agreement and work for hire contract, an accounting, and specific performance. Resolved matter favorably during pendency of motion to dismiss.
- Representation of fruit and vegetable importer and distributor in connection with claims of workplace discrimination and retaliation. Conducted internal investigations, handled discovery and deposition preparation and negotiated settlement.
- Prosecution of workforce solutions company’s claims against various hiring companies in the textile, construction, entertainment and technology industries. Advise company counsel in connection with litigation strategy. Coordinate action initiation, discovery, motion practice, settlement negotiation, and judgment enforcement.